Event & Operations Manager
This job has been closed.
£32,000pa - 36,000pa + great bonus & benefits
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
We are currently looking to recruit an Event & Operations Manager to join our Heritage Portfolio team on site at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (RBGE), where you will be responsible for ensuring the timely and efficient planning and service delivery of all event offers to client’s and Heritage Portfolio’s satisfaction.
You will be experienced in events management, particularly within catering and hospitality, and will have excellent customer service and client management skills. With the ability to manage a team of direct reports while working independently, providing innovative solutions where necessary. This role will require an operational focus as well as working strategically to plan and grow the event delivery at site including reviewing standards, forecasting, ordering and planning required staffing support.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an exciting setting in the Gardens. RBGE is Scotland’s national botanic garden, with projects in more than 35 countries around the world. In 2020 RBGE celebrated the scientific and horticultural achievements of the past 350 years, tracing progress from 17th century physic garden to world-leading botanic garden.
- Ensure all event planning, operational and kitchen service delivery functions for The RBGE events contracts are in place using the resources available from the Account Director
- Managing the delivery of multiple 5* events
- Manage all quality control measures, Health & Safety and Hygiene systems to the desired standard of Heritage Portfolio
- To lead innovation and service styles that drives positive PR, positive client feedback, increased revenues or win new business
- To recruit, train and develop team members as appropriate to their job role and growth
The Ideal Candidate
- Financial awareness and understanding of a food profit and loss account and articulate to line managers
- Demonstrable experience in events management
- A passionate interest in the catering industry – knowledge of current trend and interest in the hospitality world
- Evidence of being organised and possess excellent planning skills
- A competent communicator and ability to present to colleagues, peers and clients
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process