Sous Chef at Heathrow Airport Lounge
We are currently looking to add to our Catering Team at the Virgin Atlantic Lounge, Heathrow, to deliver a world class guest experience. The lounge offers both Brasserie Dining and Casual Dining options while creating a relaxed atmosphere for our guests
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and motivated individuals.
This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Responsible in preparation and presentation of all menu items to ensure that a high culinary standard is met and that the service is prompt and efficient.
- To Support the Head Chef in delivering required standards of food and kitchen operation.
- Run any kitchen section to the required standards set by management
- To check and receive goods ordered are to the standard and quality required and inform if there are any discrepancies or items unavailable.
- Demonstrate good customer service attitude to our clients, staff and customers
- Ensuring that company Personal and Food Hygiene, Health and Safety Standards, policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
The Ideal Candidate
- A positive attitude, with a willingness to learn and develop craft skills in a fast paced environment
- Previous Sous chef experience
- Strong communication skills
- Basic food hygiene
- Good customer service skills
- Able to provide 5 year employment referencing
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process