This job has been closed.
From £23,000pa & great benefits Location:
Oasis Academy Silvertown, London, E16 2TX
Work Pattern – 35 to 37.5hrs pw Monday to Friday **term time only**
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
Here at Sodexo we are looking to recruit an experienced Chef Manager to join us in leading our team to provide an excellent catering service at the Oasis Academy Silvertown School in North Woolwich. In this brand new building, you will be responsible for organising the preparation and presentation of all meals service in line with the Service Level Agreements. This is a great opportunity to work in a rewarding secondary school environment whilst being part of a world leading food and facilities management company; here we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression. This position will suit an experienced Chef Manager with a passion for food, who is skilled in food delivery and customer experience, is good at situational decision making and has a good eye for detail. You will thrive on a challenge and have strong leadership skills whilst being adaptable to a changing environment.
- Organise and be assisted with the preparation and presentation of all meals service
- Ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention
- Organise any special function as required and to the correct standard
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Ensure that the Company's accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the laid down standard
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and maintain costs within pre budgeted targets.
- Maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times. Carry out a daily service audit and perform activities detailed in the service offer manual under Key Performance Indicators to the frequency and level required
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of food and personal hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary
- Take all necessary steps to ensure maximum security of the kitchen, store, office, safe and monies and any other areas under the Sodexo’s control.
- Help recruit, interview, control and discipline staff according to the needs of the unit
- Ensure all new staff are given a thorough induction into their job, the unit and the Company. Monitor the performance of staff, carry out performance reviews and provide training and coaching as necessary
- To have special regard to the welfare of the establishment staff, and to organise regular and effective staff meetings such as team huddles on a weekly basis.
- Ensure the correct compilation of the payroll to the latest regulations. To ensure that all Statutory Regulations and Company Policy concerning the staff are adhered to.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- 706/3 or NVQ3 Chef qualification, or equivalent
- Previous Catering experience and a Great Passion for Food and Team Engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels always.
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good time Management and organizational skills with the ability to think 2/3 steps ahead
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines in regard to set daily mealtimes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated, sense of own initiative and the ability to meet target deadlines as set by the Account Manager
- Ability to work effectively as part of and in the development of a team with a flexible approach to role and to successfully implement change
- In a similar role with experience in cooking for large numbers
- Previous experience of Catering Management and employee engagement with 4 staff or more
- Experience of managing and developing a team in an educational establishment
- Gross Margin and Selling Price Calculations
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Good standard of financial acumen
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.