Regional Adult Nurse - Dartford & Chingford
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays) increasing every year by 1 to the maximum of 33 days over 5 years' service
- An additional day off for your Birthday
- Cycle to Work scheme for our Head Office, Regional and Branch staff
- Long Service Awards
- Work Place Pension
- Employee assistance programme (EAP) - confidential phone line and online support and resources available to you and your loved ones 24/7
- Supportive working environment with ongoing learning and development opportunities
We want to make life better for more people. If you are as passionate about quality as we are and you want a role where your skills will make a real difference, this is a great opportunity. You can help us to grow and develop in an exciting business that puts people front and centre of everything we do.
Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group, has provided home care for over 75 years and we have 35 local offices in England and Scotland. Our aim is to lead the care industry by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services to our clients.
We are leading the care industry to raise standards by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services that ensure people receive the highest quality of care.
We are looking for a dynamic and independent Nursing professional with solid Adult Nursing experience and a flexible, enthusiastic, and can-do attitude to join our South Region Team, supporting our current complex needs clients based in the Dartford area whilst developing the complex needs business in the Chingford area.
The role of a Regional Nurse is to provide clinical expertise and professional leadership to specific branches within a designated region, to enable the planning and delivery of safe and high-quality complex care provision to adults in their own homes and community settings.
- To be accountable for and lead on the clinical components of care delivery
- To risk assess individual client referrals and to continually provide clinical input, expertise and advice relating to care-planning and delivery across the pathway and evaluate outcomes
- Attend meetings and/or liaise with MDT, commissioners, case managers and clients etc to build and manage clinical caseload
- To act as a clinical role model and leader for all members of staff
- To facilitate and deliver an ongoing programme of clinical knowledge/skills-training and competency assessments to non-registered members to enable them to competently deliver care with minimal supervision
- Maintain standards, proactively manage clinical risk, complaints and play a pro-active role in quality improvement
- Promote compliance and adherence to internal policies and standards
- Keep abreast of national standards and requirements surrounding adult services, and relevant specialism and work with colleagues across all regions to agree practice changes and implications
- Assist branches in assessing client complexity and ensure adequate registered nurse input is available to support members in delivering safe and high-quality age-appropriate care
- Identify and develop new business streams
- The role is regionally based i.e it covers a specified number of branches across a designated region and, therefore, will include regional travel. On occasions National UK travel may be required.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience for this role please feel free to apply or contact Louise Keegan on: email@example.com for a confidential chat about the role.
* Prestige Nursing & Care reserve the right to close this role early
** By submitting your details, you acknowledge that Prestige Nursing is collecting, processing, and using your personal data for managing your application. For more information, please visit our Candidate Privacy Notice on our website
*** Disclosure and Barring Service Check - This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
- Working in partnership with Regional Lead Nurse, take responsibility to ensure the highest standards of professional care are attained in providing safe, high quality care
- Lead on clinical decision making relating to complex care across the complex client pathway - as per policy, from the point of referral to implementation and evaluation of care delivery
- Participate in home visits to assess needs. Evaluate care provision, risk assess and support/train/assess Professional Carers
- To have overall responsibility for a group of clients including a specialist caseload, with an ability to lead the team in areas related to complex care provision
- To develop and maintain skills required to risk assess referrals and lead in planning client focused complex care packages – across the pathway
- To provide specific branches with professional advice, direction and support relating to the allocation and suitability of non-registered professional carers to provide safe care to clients
- Provide direct care and support to clients in exceptional circumstances
- Provide safeguarding expertise and advice for branches. Promptly raise concerns and work with relevant agencies, as required
- To ensure that both verbal and written client reports meet the NMC standards and policies regarding record keeping and confidentiality
- Responsible for, ensuring that national and local safeguarding requirements and standards e.g NICE guidelines, RCN recommendations are adhered to
- Escalate concerns and/or unresolved issues to Regional Lead Nurse
- Using technology, and training days, participate in service development by working creatively, and in partnership with Registered Nurses affiliated to other regions and branches
- Identify and develop new business streams
- To be aware and act in accordance with the NMC code of Professional Conduct
- Occasionally support with the day-to-day responsibilities of the team when required
- Be a champion for internal customer service
- Do any other reasonable things your manager needs you to do
The Ideal Candidate
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE (D-Desirable, E-Essential)
- RN/RNLD/RMN with current NMC registration E
- Recognised teaching qualification/experience E
- Significant experience of care management, including relevant clinical experience, in the community or hospital setting with evidence of professional development E
- Evidence of developing policy, guidelines and managing resources D
- Management of risk and health and safety E
- Experience of safeguarding adults and children procedures and ability to implement E
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written E
- Ability to work on own initiative as well a part of a team – self-motivated E
- Coaching and mentoring skills, teaching qualification D
- Evidence of success in leading/managing significant and sustained change D
- Effective people management skills E
- Ability to negotiate, influence, escalate and seek advice E
- Experience in interpreting and analysing data and meet deadlines D
- Excellent IT and presentation skills E
- Awareness of budgetary management and control E
- Knowledge and application of HR procedures E
- Demonstrate knowledge of the theory and application of clinical governance E
ATTRIBUTES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Ability to work autonomously and with initiative E
- Can do approach E
- Ability to work independently and within a team E
- Ability to travel to and from specified branches within a designated region E
- Car driver with current license and insurance E
- Demonstrate good leadership skills. E
- Professional in manner and appearance. E
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity E
- Symmetry between personal and organisational values E
- Demonstrates the behaviours associated with Prestige Nursing & Care’s values E
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing & Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process