This job has been closed.
£27,100 per annum
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
Post holders will be subjected to an advanced DBS check, a prison security check (level 2) prior to being employed.
HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for a Tutor to deliver an accredited course in Industrial Cleaning that is nationally recognised and enthuse students to gain qualifications and skills that will contribute to employment on release.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Work effectively as part of the industries team to build on an already established Industrial Cleaning course.
- Ensure a high level of training, supervision and assessment in the workshop.
- Develop effective achievement plans using time bound targets.
- Accountability of tools and the safe use of them.
- Effectively plan courses with the use of schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are followed to ensure the safeguarding of residents including health and safety and the local security strategy.
- Embed functional skills and employability into every lesson.
- Develop and introduce an Industrial cleaning team that will conduct onsite maintenance .
- Monitor attendance and achievement in your area and communicate findings to your line manager.
- Attend team meetings and contribute to standardisation meetings .
- Develop a relationship with local and national employers to provide a route to employment.
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous teaching and trade experience
- Full teaching qualification (minimum CTLLS) or working towards.
- Hold a level 3 qualification or above in Industrial Cleaning.
- Recognised level 3 qualification in specialism.
- Skilled Industrial cleaner.
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults
- Experience of designing a new curriculum and implementing an accredited course.
- Experience of working successfully with accredited examination bodies.
- Ability to engage and motivate students.
- Ability to engage, motivate, support and coach colleagues.
- Good IT and organisational skills with a commitment to accuracy
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Focused on reducing re-offending but also hitting performance targets.
- Assessor qualification or willing to work towards.
- Good understanding of teaching practice and of local labour market and skills required.
- Understanding of current legislation and health and safety issues with the equipment and materials used in the Industrial Cleaning Industry.
- Good knowledge of the WAMITAB training frame work for industrial cleaning.
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.