A great opportunity has become available for an experienced Head Chef to join the Sodexo catering team on a corporate client team in Ballina, co. Mayo to look after a small but mighty team.
We offer a great team, a salary up to €35,000 and social working hours as well as the following extra benefits to name but a few:
- 20 days holiday - increasing after 5 years in the business
- Uniform provided
- Meals included
- Free GP service
- Free employee assistance programme
- Bike to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- Family leave options
- Life assurance
- To ensure that the preparation, presentation and services are carried out promptly and to the agreed company standards and to promote a friendly and helpful atmosphere;
- To maintain a high standard of food hygiene, safety and cleanliness in accordance with company and client policies and statuary requirements;
- To ensure the correct compilation of all company’s bookkeeping system and returns to the specified standard covering the three main areas of:
- Raw material control
- Sales control
- Wages and labour control
- To be fully conversant with the current budget and complete all the necessary documents for the accurate comparison between budget and actual figures;
- Knowledge of HACCP essential;
- To recruit, engage and train all staff according to company standards appraisals. To produce a training year planner and quarterly training audits;
- To assist in the development of specific units under the role of project manager;
- To assist the district by training and development of employees;
- To keep abreast of all modern techniques & advancements to improve services for the client and customer;
- To maintain effective communication between yourself and your customers;
- To maintain adequate security of all assets (cash, stock and equipment);
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a Head Chef role
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate the development of new food offers
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments & innovations
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiatives
- Experience in leading, and managing a team
- Strong communication, and negotiation skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
- Relevant qualification and training and IT literate
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process