General Catering Assistant
This job has been closed.
We currently have an opportunity for a Retail Catering Assistant to join our friendly team working at this high profile site in Berkshire.
You will be working within the beautiful grounds of Wellington College, a leading independent co-educational boarding and day school with over 1000 students aged 13 - 18.
Our dedicated Catering Department are looking for an enthusiastic, self motivated individual to join our team committed to delivering high end services across the large college campus.
Free parking on site
Meals on duty
Employee Assistance Program
Employee referral scheme
- Customer & Client Focus; Delivers exceptional customer service and builds long term relationships with colleagues, customers visitors
- Impact & Influence; Communicates to build relationships and interacts appropriately with others
- Continuous Improvement; Always seeks to raise standards and improve quality of performance and service
- Working with others; Works effectively and professionally with others to achieve the desired results
- Comply with statutory and company requirements
- Assist in all aspects of the preparation of counter and café area for both core feeding and retail.
- To operate the coffee machine, Panini machine, blenders, dishwasher and any other equipment within the café as part of daily duties
- To operate the Epos till system, handling of cash/credit card transactions according to legislation and any other requirements.
- Assist with the hygienic cleaning of counter, main social area in line with all health and food safety requirements; following set cleaning schedule
- To deal with customer queries or requests in a polite and professional manner
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities
- Promote good working relationships with colleagues
- To report any complaints or compliments and take action if at all possible
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss or damage and take action as may be appropriate
- To attend meetings and courses, as required.
- To maintain standards of food safety and hygiene according to legislation and any other statutory requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
Key Performance Indicators:
- Evidence of a contribution to the cleaning and maintaining of the work area
- Evidence of a good relationship with colleagues
- Evidence of learning and development within the role
- Ability to work on own initiative and follow instruction
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Organised and works well as part of a small but busy team
- Previous experience working in a similar environment
- Food Hygiene, Health & Safety qualification
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process