Housekeeper Newbold Revel
This job has been closed.
Looking to join a world leading facilities management company? Are you someone with a keen eye for detail who has exceptional standards of cleaning? We want to hear from you! Start your career with Sodexo and join the thousands of employees already working alongside us. We offer quality of life services across a vast number of careers offering unrivalled opportunity for growth and progression.
‘We don’t have Employees – We have Team Members’
You don’t just join Sodexo – You belong. What do we mean when we say belong? It’s simple. We create a company where everyone is respected and know that their ideas count. We take care of the quality of life of our people. We make your workplace inclusive, encouraging people to bring their whole self to work, every day. That’s our philosophy, in a nutshell.
We are currently looking for a housekeeper to join our team at the stunning HMPS College Newbold Revel. The college specialises in training prison officers, and comprises of training rooms, gymnasiums, lecture halls and bedrooms, that are set amongst vast, beautiful grounds.
The role offers plenty of opportunities for career progression, overtime and advancement. The hours of work are 9am-2pm, and the rate of pay is £8.91 per hour, paid monthly. The working days are any five days over seven.
Full training, uniform, and personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided to you from day one.
- In this role you will complete a list of scheduled cleaning tasks for all areas such as kitchens, toilets, showers, bathrooms, communal areas, bedrooms, and offices in a timely manner
- You will be responsible for the high standards of cleanliness across the site and for replenishing stock and consumables such as toilet tissue and hand gels
- You will adhere to all company policies in relation to infection control, security, and COSH regulations and undertake any training necessary
- You will be responsible for conducting all your activities in a safe manner by always wearing all required PPE, following all relevant Sodexo processes and rules.
- You will be responsible for reporting any safety issues, faulty equipment, or other areas of concern to your line manager
The Ideal Candidate
- Will be great at working independently or as part of a team
- Will show initiative, always maintaining high standards of cleanliness
- Will be reliable and have excellent timekeeping
- Will be customer focused and deal with all customers and site personnel in a polite courteous manner
- Will have experience with COSH (although, this is not essential, as full training will be provided)
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business. We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process. Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.