The job has expired.
We currently have an opportunity for a Trainee Chef to join our catering team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Operate all types of kitchen equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturer’ instructions.
- Reporting of defects to the 2nd Chef/Head Chef
- To maintain and manage the required high operational/personal standard of hygiene and presentation at all times in compliance with the Food Safety Act.
- Compliance to the Health and Safety Act and COSHH regulations.
- The preparation, cooking and service of food as directed by the 2nd Chef/ Head Chef.
- Ensure that assured safe catering principals are followed at all times.
- To ensure that working areas are kept clean and tidy adopting a “clean as you go” policy within the kitchen.
- To ensure that all foods served under your control are served and held at the required temperatures (probed and recorded).
- Keeping the kitchen area that you are working in is clean and hygienic at all times.
- Decanting methods and Fridge discipline are strictly adhered to.
- Maintaining accurate records as directed in the H&S Manual and Quality System.
- To continue to develop ones own skills / knowledge within the position.
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.