We currently have an opportunity for a Head Steward to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- To attend your performance development review to discuss job standards and agree development activities
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times
- To maintain high levels of personal hygiene and wear the appropriate uniform and PPE as required
- To care for all available resources including equipment, materials and supplies as directed
- To report any near miss occurrences, accidents or faulty equipment to management
- To ensure effective communication with line manager, team, customer and client organisation
- To maintain all areas of responsibility to the set service standards and in line with applicable service offer
- To supervise the team fairly and drive engagement
- To be responsible for the handling and security of all stock, equipment and cash within the department
- Ensure that all products are replenished throughout the duration of service. Report any products that are running low to your supervisor/line manager.
- Assist with function preparation as directed by the supervisor/mess manager i.e. silver cleaning, dining room layout, napkins etc.
- You will role model the company values and ensure they are reinforced at every opportunity.
- Basic catering to include breakfast, Brunch, sandwiches and salads etc
- You must seek to understand the client’s business environment and drivers, developing and maintaining strong relationships and establishing a network of client contacts.
- Effectively manage continuous improvements, taking corrective action where necessary and informing line manager of performance issues.
- You are to carry out any reasonable request by your supervisor/line manager.
- To provide support for any additional ad-hoc services provided as required, for example administrative or office support
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of working in a Mess in an operational role
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Experience of working within military environment
- Previous experience of effectively supervising a team
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- Knowledge/qualification in Health & Safety and Food Safety
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.