The job has expired.
The maintenance gardener shall carry out a varied range of duties across the busy healthcare establishment. The duties and responsibilities will be across the Wythenshawe and Withington Hospital sites as required.
- Will have day to day responsibility for responding to issued dockets and for correctly filling in such dockets prior to hand in.
- Will work to health and safety requirements.
- Will undertake all necessary grounds and gardens maintenance.
- Will undertake litter picking duties as directed by the supervisor / chargehard.
- Will carry out snow / ice clearance and gritting as directed by the supervisor / chargehand.
- Will undertake general labouring duties as directed by the supervisor / chargehand.
- Will be required to use all relevant tools, plant and equipment within their specific field.
- Will be required to use access equipment for working at heights.
- Will be required to undertake training on new techniques and legislation as required and pass on knowledge to others.
- May be required to work alone.
- May be required to drive the company vehicle from time to time as directed by the supervisor / chargehand.
- To undertake all additional duties and responsibilities as instructed by senior management and may be required to work on other Sodexo contracts as directed by his manager.
- You are responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of your colleagues.
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process