Kitchen Porters at Royal Academy of Arts, London
The job has expired.
Sodexo are currently looking to add to our casual team at The Royal Academy of Arts, London to deliver a world class guest experience. We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our team
Working alongside the restaurant team, you will be part of a dynamic group that aims to provide quality fresh food that not only exceeds our guest expectations, but is also in line with agreed company & legal standards.
The Kitchen Porter is a vital role; making service possible and providing support for the whole restaurant team. They need to enjoy organising themselves well, communicating positively with the whole team and take pride in delivering sparkling clean equipment and premises in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have excellent levels of personal hygiene and presentation standards
• Be consistently punctual for all scheduled shifts
• Follow the company and legal responsibilities of a food handler
• Ensure the cleanliness standards of presentation of the back of house, front of house and all storage areas are excellent at all times
• Clean and maintain all kitchen equipment to maximize efficiency & prolong life
• Accept all deliveries to Peyton & Byrne/Sodexo standards and to ensure that all stock meets both company and legal standards, as set out by the kitchen management team
• Assist in accurate record keeping, security and safe storage of all relevant deliveries
• Assist in the implementation all fire regulations and procedures and assist in evacuations as necessary
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.