In addition to job description detailed the applicant must hold a valid UK driving licence and be comfortable working from heights
The Industrial Cleaner role is responsible for cleaning around internal and external site such as car parks, plant rooms etc and to include high levels, walls, ceilings, windows (internal), all internal glass, cladding, stainless steel, upholstery and any adhoc requests as required.
- To ensure that all cleaning other than general cleaning of the site specifically, high level, window cleaning (Internal), all internal glass, upholstery, jet washing, car parks, plant rooms etc, is completed to the Sodexo required standards set out in training, ensuring customer requirements are met and their needs anticipated at all times.
- To ensure all waste products produced during tasks are segregated and disposed of correctly.
- To adhere to the industrial cleaning yearly schedule as closely as possible, weather permitting for external tasks.
- To carry out any helpdesk requests within the set timeframes
- Respond positively, politely and promptly to all customer requirements and carry out your duties in a professional and courteous manner.
- Demonstrate a high standard of personal hygiene, appearance ensuring the company uniform issued is worn at all times including any PPE requirements for the role.
- Check appropriate safety and access equipment prior to use following guidelines and training.
- To assist the site team with gritting the multi-story car parks as required during the winter months of November – April and other areas as requested.
- Adhere to all company & client policies, procedures and site rules and regulations.
- As and when required assist with other tasks within your capabilities and training in order to maintain and improve services within the premises.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- Start work on time and adhere to break times whilst on duty.
- Comply with all company and client procedures relating to Health and safety and safe working practices.
- Represent and promote the company wherever possible.
The Ideal Candidate
- An ability to work at height is essential.
- Experience cleaning in a laboratory environment and local policies and procedures relating to the same
- Knowledge of GMP procedures relevant to cleaning tasks and the area.
- Strong customer services skills and experience.
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking.
- Strong team player within a high-quality customer service operation.
- Be self-motivated and work under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines is essential.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and multi-service teams and servicepersonnel to achieve results.
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process