The job has expired.
40 hrs per week Monday - Friday
Due to a secure site a SC will be needed
To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works and emergency procedures as required.
- To carry out PPM, Reactive Maintenance and extra works requirements in accordance with set schedules.
- Ensure standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the site systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- Fault finding and remedial works as required
- Weekly and periodic inspections as per H&S Inspection matrix
- Assist with other PPM/extra works related tasks
- Attend weekly site meetings and toolbox talks.
- To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- Work a split shift system.
- Escort and supervise sub-contractors on site.
- Write and review method statements and risk assessments.
- Provide on-call site cover as required.
- Work across all contracted sites.
- Keep up to date with all current standards and regulations
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications and Experience
- Good health & safety knowledge and experience.
- Proven background in electrical engineering discipline.
- City and Guilds or equivalent in Building Services or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of maintaining some of the following: LHV/LV, MCC’s, Switchboards, Generators, Lighting, Bus Bars, Invertors, DB’s, UPS’s,
- Understanding of BMS systems.
- IT Literacy essential.
- Experienced in working with CAFM systems.
- BS7671 18th edition IEE wiring regulations.
- Knowledge of office Audio Visual systems.
- Data & telephone experience.
Personal qualities – Skills & Competencies
- Confidence and commitment to provide a high quality, professional service
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility for the completion of tasks
- Ability to prioritise work tasks
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work required
- Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Detail conscious
- Acceptable personal grooming standards
- Ability to perform tasks that require physical fitness
- Resides geographically for contract support (call-out etc)
- Compliance with a non-smoking, alcohol and drug free company policy
- Compliance with company administrative procedure
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.