The job has expired.
- £22.5k salary
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the role...
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 2,000 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
Onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Click here to find our more about careers with Energy & Resources and check out this video all about life at Sodexo:
- Comply with all Company and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the work place.
- Provide high personal standards of performance, hygiene, appearance and cleanliness at all times.
- Ensure that the Company's standards of cleanliness are achieved and maintained in pot wash, fixtures and fittings, pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, glassware, storage area etc.
- Ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the kitchen and stores.
- Ensure temperatures of chilled and frozen goods are checked and recorded upon arrival
- Ensure that all goods are quickly and correctly stored away on rotation system following the rule ‘first in, first out’.
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings to complete job responsibilities to the Company’s and Client’s standards e.g. health & safety, food hygiene.
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
- Assist at any special ad-hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours.
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- Report immediately and cease to use any equipment which has gone faulty.
- Cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management
- Deliver on a day to day basis, the services identified in the statement of works to the required standard, ensuring that monitoring and auditing standards are met.
- To provide any support requested by the line manager that ensures the smooth running of the unit.
- To ensure cleanliness of the kitchen, setting standards and communicating these to all employee’s s that all customers enjoy well-presented professional and hygienic environment.
- To assist in basic food preparation and minor kitchen tasks.
- To complete handover by using handover documents as required
- To be aware of their responsibilities under procedure of the Company Health & Safety Environment procedures
- To relieve and assist in other establishments in certain circumstances.
- To attend meetings and training courses as requested.
The Ideal Candidate
Someone from a busy catering unit.
Good communication skills
Friendly and positive - TEAM PLAYER!
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.