Food Service Assistant
This job has been closed.
We are looking for a pool of Multi Skilled Food Service Assistant to join our retail team. This is a casual role which offers loads of potential.
Pay rates dependent on age with over 23 year old on £9.00 per hour
To provide a food and beverage service to patients staff and customers, ensuring that all food products are kept in accordance with company Food and Health Safety policies.
- Distribution/serving of meals and beverages to patients/customers and staff
- Collection and washing up of dirty crockery, cutlery and service utensils
- Safe use of industrial catering equipment
- Decanting and labelling food items
- Cleaning of kitchen areas
- Cleaning of industrial catering equipment
- Recording of temperatures and corrective actions in accordance with company policy
- Stock rotation
- Complete monthly mandatory training in line with the role
- Carry out any additional duties required by line manager due to business demands
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to learn new skills
- Ability to work safely at all times
- Ability to follow instruction at all times
- Good customer service skills
- High standards of personal Hygiene
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Basic literacy skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to handle cash and cashing up procedures
- Prior knowledge of working in a food environment
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to use a PC /tablet
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.