Security Officer CS York
This is a great and prestigious landmark site close to the centre of York.
It is a full time role working on a shift basis of 4 on 4 off on a pro rata week of 42 hours based on 12 hour shifts covering Days, Nights and Weekends.
You will be supplied with a uniform, PPE, and safety shoes.
Free parking is available and you will also a full UK driving licence
Your also eligible for the Sodexo Reward scheme
We currently have an opportunity for a Security Officer/Weighbridge Operator to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To support the security operations team by providing completion of requests for additional cover, information requirements and business processes while continually improving efficiency.
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times whilst carrying out duties to the highest levels
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to company uniform requirements.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
- To develop excellent working relationships with our customers engaging with all levels in the business
- To remain alert and vigilant for intruders.
- To respond to any calls for assistance and co-ordinate any incident with relevant shift manager/responsible person(s). (Includes contacting the emergency services via ADT).
- To act as site key holders.
- Patrolling your premises to prevent or detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- To document all incidents and occurrences in the Daily Occurrence Book.
- To provide written reports and witness statements to site and the Police if required.
- Use of Weighbridge
- To enforce Sodexo and Nestle policies and procedures.
- To monitor the CCTV system, access control system and fire alarm system.
- Conduct staff and vehicle searches where required.
- Control access and egress to site for both vehicles and pedestrians.
- Drive a security van around site
The Ideal Candidate
- Good Analytical skills
- Organised & able to use initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and customers
- Competent with different types of operational systems
- This role requires a high level of energy, drive and resilience as well as an ability to do things at pace without loss of accuracy
- Strong interactive communication skills
- To be able to develop and build good client & customer relationships- Essential
- Customer service focused with exceptional communication skills- Essential
- To be able to respond to a variety of needs and work pressures- Essential
- A knowledge of health and safety- Essential
- Smart and presentable- Essential
- To be physically fit and capable of conducting manual various handling tasks- Essential
- Valid SIA license - Essential
- Driving license – Essential
- To be able to show flexibility with regards to work patterns
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality issues- Essential
- All employees are expected to adhere to Sodexo health and safety regulations and Equal opportunity regulations – Essential
- To be able to write accurate and legible logs, security reports and statements- Essential
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process