This job has been closed.
Up to £27,000
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
Do you have a positive, upbeat personality? Are you customer service focused? If so, we would like to hear from you!
We are currently recruiting for a Restaurant Manager to join us at an exciting new venture onsite with our valued client, Heritage Portfolio at V&A, Dundee. You will be responsible for the Tatha Bar and Kitchen operation, providing an exceptional and consistent service to all of our customers.
You will have an eye for detail, maintaining the restaurant decor, creating an enticing and welcoming environment, and your ability to manage a team, while under pressure, is essential to this very hand's on role.
- Carry out daily duties to ensure consistent delivery of high quality food and service at all times
- Carry out stock checks and work with the General manger on financial targets and budgeting
- Ensure a focus on customer needs and feedback, and ensure that any food queries or complaints are dealt with promptly and professionally
- Day to day management of staff including training, sickness and leave requests
- Ensure that all Health & Safety legislation is carried out correctly and recorded as necessary
- Maintain a focus on food allergens and customer information including following and training staff on new procedures, recording and management
- Ensure the team are trained on all necessary legislative and Covid secure aspects of the restaurant
For further information please see the attached job description.
The Ideal Candidate
What we are looking for
- Proven record of experience working in a similar role
- Confident communicator, with a customer focused approach and excellent people management skills
- Industry awareness from high street to high end cafes
- Computer literate, particularly of Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, high pressure environment
Where we can be flexible
- Level 2 or 3 Health and Safety/Food Hygiene certification
- First aid qualification
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.