The job has expired.
We currently have an opportunity for a Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Assist in the management of food standards and quality across all areas during all stages of food preparation and production
- Work with the Kitchen team in creating and developing new menus
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared, cooked and served to the highest standard at all times in line with menu specifications
- Ensure that methods of food preparation, production, presentation and service comply with Company standards
- Ensure that Kitchen preparation and clear-down procedures are followed on a daily basis
- Ensure a high standard of kitchen cleanliness is maintained at all times
- Ensure good Health & Safety and food hygiene practices are followed at all times
- Ensure minimum wastage occurs within the kitchen, implementing ideas for reducing wastage wherever possible
- Work with the manager in carrying out stock-takes.
- Liaise with the Manager & Head Chef to ensure the service provided is of the highest standard
- Receive and act upon customer feedback, both positive and negative
- Assist with the effective management of stock control and portion control.
- Adhere to the Company credit, cash and purchasing policies at all times
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and statutory regulations, including human resources, health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a similar role an advantage, teamed with the ability to deliver innovative menus
- Excellent craft skills
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Personal motivation and passion.
- Hold 706/1 & 706/2 or equivalent
- Working Knowledge HACCP
- Own transportation to Kinsale Essential
- Must be available to work weekends
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.