Working Cleaning Supervisor
This job has been closed.
afternoon cleaning supervisor on this beautiful site , with a very competitive hourly rate on offer,
the role involves cleaning but also supervising a team of staff , a lovely place to work in this fast based enviroment , it is site based and not a mobile role, so own method of transport is essential
- Provide a high quality cleaning service to the customer’s site in accordance with terms and conditions of the contract.
- To support our multi-service contract.
- Planning and co‐ordination of the delivery of the cleaning service in a way that meets the requirements of the Client in terms of time, quality and cost;
- The supervision of all cleaning staff focussing on their performance in terms of standards of cleanliness and their behaviour whilst on duty
- Management and allocation of duties to cleaning staff and the preparation and maintenance of a daily cleaning schedule for all areas;
- Monitoring the standard of cleaning achieved across the site and the regular checking of all areas in order to ensure that they are cleaned to the required standard;
- Management of staff issues relating to discipline, grievance, welfare, attendance, appraisal, coaching and mentoring;
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job
- Supervising staff returning to work after absences and completing required Return to Work Forms
- Effective implementation of all relevant policies and procedures and the ongoing monitoring and enforcement of compliance;
- Promotion of health and safety and the raising of awareness of health and safety considerations among cleaning staff;
- Organisation and delivery of appropriate training for all cleaning staff.
- Supervising cleaning staff on a day to day basis and ensuring that cleaning duties are carried out in an effective and efficient way to meet required standards
- Reviewing work schedules. Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence
- Ordering and monitoring of cleaning materials and controlling usage
- Monitoring of all cleaning activities
- Ensuring all staff are aware of the Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests
- Communicating to the Manager on any issues arising within the department.
- Responsible for own areas of cleaning and for setting an example to the team by cleaning to the highest standards.
- Responsible for assisting in covering the cleaning areas of team members due to staff absence.
- Flexible to meet changing demands
- Other routine maintenance duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
- To have full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents
- To have a full working knowledge of all areas which have to be covered in the course of duty
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- Willing to undertake any training relevant to the role
- Able to manage time effectively
- Able to work without supervision, but as a part of a team
- Committed to achieving high standards of cleanliness and hygiene
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process