Food Service Assistant
The job has expired.
To assist with the preparation, service of food and cleaning of the establishment to the company’s standard and the clients’ satisfaction.
- To assist as directed with all aspects of preparation and presentation of food to the company’s standard and ensuring adherence to legislation including HACCP
- To serve the customers to the company standard, to promote a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and to utilise selling techniques to benefit both the company and the client.
- To carry out cashier duties
- To receive any training that is necessary to maintain and improve standards of the establishment
- To ensure tables and condiments are kept clean at all times and that condiments are well stocked
- To assist in setting and replenishing the food service counters
- To undertake all necessary cleaning to the company standard, according to the cleaning rota.
- This includes walls- up to 6 feet, floors, fixtures and fittings, equipment, pots, pans cutlery, crockery, glassware etc.
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene regulations in handling and storage of food and beverages.
- To comply with statutory and company regulations in handling and storage of food and beverages
- To comply with statutory and company regulations in relation to chemicals
- To ensure you act in the interests of your own safety and the safety of others at all times
- To carry out any reasonable request by the management team.
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.