The job has expired.
The successful applicant will not have to work every weekend (on average 1 in 4), there are no split shifts, there is a Christmas stand down so it is very rare you will be required to work over the festive period, and all uniform and safety wear is provided. In addition, there will be opportunities for overtime. You also benefit from free onsite parking, that is secure.
Minimum qualifications required for this post are: 706/1 City and Guilds, NVQ Level 2 or proven experience. If the applicant has no formal qualifications, then they must have a minimum of 5 years Chef experience. Successful applicants will need to complete a Level 2 NVQ in Professional Cookery within 15 months of joining the company (there is no cost to the individual).
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Chef to join our busy team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Chef you will be responsible for:
- Preparation and cooking of food
- Ensuring the kitchen areas are clean and tidy
- Health and safety regulations, ensuring they are followed at all times
- Delivering a world class customer experience to our customers and staff
- Assisting in all areas of the kitchen for breakfast, lunch and hospitality
- Assisting the Head Chef or Chef Manager with paperwork including stock ordering
- Menu planning
- Menu costings
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Excellent craft skills
- Previous chef experience and good communication skills
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate (advantageous but not essential)
- Basic Health and Safety certificate (advantageous but not essential)
- Good customer service skills
About The Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.