This job has been closed.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced cleaner with Team Leader/ Supervisory experience in a working cleaning environment. Based at a prestigious Grammar School consisting of both late 19th Century and modern buildings on a large site.
The contract is full time working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday, 11.00am to 6.30pm term time and 6.5 hours per day during school closure/ holiday periods. Uniform and safety shoes are provided as well as lunch whilst on duty during term time.
The school is closed at weekends and Bank Holidays and at present there is no requirement for cover on these days.
Cleaning experience in schools would be an advantage but not essential.
The job role requires an Enhanced DBS check which is fully funded by Sodexo.
We currently have an opportunity for a Cleaning Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Undertake all required training in relation to all aspects of the cleaning service delivered to the client, as requested.
- Undertake specific training on the relevant cleaning offer
- Wear the company uniform at all times whilst at work
- Wear any items of personal protective equipment, as specified by the manager
- Comply to all client policies / procedures in relation to housekeeping/infection control/ security
- Ensure that all requirements in relation to COSHH are adhered to
- Conduct all required training with cleaning operatives in relation to operational/ legal / client / cleaning offer requirements
- Ensure that all cleaning operatives adhere to the site/cleaning policy
- To reort all faults in relation to cleaning machinery/equipment.
- To report all building defects to the Contract Manager / client
- To deliver staff team briefings, as required
- To attend team / client meetings, as required
- To collate information in relation to payroll, as required.
- To complete all administration
- To liaise with the specified client contact, as directed by the Contract Manager
- To assist with the ordering and distribution of cleaning consumables
- To undertake cleaning audits in relation to service delivery / offer compliance, as requested.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of the undertaking of all cleaning tasks
- Basis numeracy / literacy skills /computer skills
- Supervisory experience
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.