The job has expired.
We currently have an opportunity for a Industrial Janitor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression
- Servicing of meeting rooms as required
- Deliver orders for all consumables to buildings on Ardagh Glass Irvive Grounds as required
- Empty external ashtrays across the site
- Litter picking across the site
- Spot cleaning in areas as per instruction from Ardagh Glass or Sodexo manager
- Removal of waste paper, plastic and cans from recycling areas to skips
- Damp wiping of recycle bins on site daily
- Comply with all Company and statutory regulations relating to health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the work place
- Work to high standards of personal performance, hygiene, appearance, cleanliness at all times
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers
- Floor Cleaning throughout the plant (use of floor cleaning machines)
- Cleaning of contractor toilet and replenishing consumables
- Undertake training and team meetings as required e.g. food hygiene, health and safety
- Removal of waste materials, Dry waste, General waste including canteen area and recycling.
- Replenish disposables, Hand towels, Barrier cream, Moisturiser cream, Soap, Hand gel in all factory areas.
- Assist at any special ad-hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours
- Report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- Cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management
- Chemical Replacement
- Restock chemicals as per the Cleaning Managers requirements
- Clean lower gel drains as per schedule
- Assist in the cleaning department during holidays and sickness
- Clean both ladies and gents toilets including toilet bowls, urinals, hand wash basins, tiles and walls
- Be responsible for the recycling of waste on site to relevant skips
- Ensuring all tasks as allocated by helpdesk are carried out
- Remove waste glass from te Bosh area
- Follow cleaning schedule in the batch and furnace area
- Assist in the cleaning of the engineering and emetis area
- Assist in the cleaning of hot and cold end
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Ability to adhere to all health and safety practices
- Awareness of recycling
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Possession of current clean driving licence
About The Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.