This job has been closed.
- To manage a small team of catering operatives to deliver a specific standard of food service to client specification
- To be responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the catering operatives within your specified team.
- To ensure customers receive a pleasant and friendly experience
- To manage any cash transactions, banking and stocktakes
- To become proficient on the e-prophIT, POS and BITE systems
- To support the catering manager in achieving KPIs, SLA, as set out in our contract
- To comply with all Sodexo company policies and procedures and client policies
- Undertake all required training in relation to all aspects of the catering service delivered to the client, as requested.
- Undertake specific training on the relevant catering offer
- Always wear the company uniform, whilst at work
- Wear any items of Personal Protective Equipment, as specified by the manager
- Comply to all client policies / procedures in relation to housekeeping/infection control/ security
- Ensure that all requirements in relation to COSHH, HACCP and food Hygiene are adhered to, as specified by the catering manager
- Conduct all required training with catering operatives in relation to operational/ legal / client / food and beverage offer requirements
- Ensure that all catering operatives adhere to the catering codes of practices
- Ensure that all requirements of the specified catering offer, are carried out, as directed by the catering manager
- To attend to all faults in relation to catering machinery/equipment.
- To report all defects to the catering manager / client
- To deliver staff team briefings, as required
- To attend team / client meetings, as required
- To collate information in relation to payroll, as required.
- To complete all administration, as specified by the catering manager
- To liaise with the specified client contact, as directed by the catering manager
- To manage the ordering and distribution of catering consumables and stocktakes
- To undertake audits in relation to service delivery / offer compliance, as requested.
- To stand in for the catering manager in his/her absence
- To manage all risk assessments and allergy files
- To manage the vending operation
- To perform special promotion and drive up spend per head
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of the undertaking of all catering tasks
- Previous catering experience
- Computer literate
- Basis numeracy / literacy skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding and ability to apply any legislation
- Supervisory experience
- NVQ or apprenticeship
- Food hygiene Certificate (level 3) company e-learning is a must
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.