Sustainability and Energy Manager
This job has been closed.
We are currently recruiting for a Sustainability Manager to join our Integrator team in Northern Ireland.
This exciting role involves working on a Government Services contract to develop and implement sustainability strategy and improvements.
You will be working with the client and suppliers to gather, analyse and advise on utilities, waste and other sustainability aspects that will drive operational and environmental performance across the client’s extensive property portfolio.
- Maintaining knowledge of current and emerging energy regulation and managing data appropriately to ensure the estate is compliant.
- Link utility performance with asset management, projects, estates information and operational use of the buildings to provide strategic business cases.
- Understand client strategy, objectives and tactical requirements and how these inform the focus of business intelligence activity.
- Review and manage the delivery of the client’s monthly management information report including utilities, waste and sustainability performance.
- Develop supplier relationship to manage delivery of sustainability improvements
- Work closely with the BEMS engineer and Environmental Project Manager to provide technical engineering support
- Assist the client with developing and implementing an estate sustainability strategy including infrastructure, facilities management service-lines and operational use of the buildings.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree and/or post graduate degree in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification by experience
- Professional membership of relevant institution (e.g. Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM), CIBSE)
- Experience in sustainability with respect to buildings/facilities
- Understanding of legislative requirements, including CRC, ESOS, DECs, MEES, Waste Management
- Experience of Energy Management Systems (ISO50001)
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Financial and business awareness
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.