Chef Grade 2
This job has been closed.
An exciting opportunity, providing an essential service to a Blue Light Organisation at the Fire and Rescue Training Centre and Operational Fire Station in Easingwold, 365 days a year.
Competitive salary of £18k plus benefits including pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare etc
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
We offer 20 days paid holiday per year plus 8 Bank Holidays, Uniform and training will be provided.
- To provide a catering service of the highest standard as required.
- Deliver customer satisfaction at all times
- To manage, and motivate chefs
- Manage resources to deliver a quality service to meet all routine and function catering requirements specified by the client
- Prepare, cook and serve nutritious and appetising meals.
- To control and organise galley and ancillary departments in conjunction with other supervisors giving direction, advice and assistance to subordinates.
- Exercise economy of food, fuel and prevention of waste.
- To maintain the required personal hygiene and presentation standards at all times.
- To correctly prepare, cook and serve meals as per the daily menu, whilst complying with the Food Safety Act 1990 and Company Procedures.Portion control and presentation standards must also be adhered to.
- To report any equipment defects to the Head Chef/Catering Manager.
- To control and organise your shift with direction from the Senior Chef and accept your ‘role’ within the galley team.
- To ensure the correct storage and disposal of all food items as per Company Policy.Food should be used economically with minimum waste.Utilisation of fuel economy is required.
- To monitor and record temperatures of fridges, freezers, hot cabinets and serverys as directed by the Senior Chef.
- To ensure all food is cooked to the required temperature (Probe) for the minimum time stated.During service time all food presented for service must be held above minimum temperature, both requirements in accordance with the Food Safety Act 1990.All temperatures must be recorded as per the Quality System.
- To comply with handover procedures regarding incoming team members.All opening and closing down procedures, with particular emphasis on security, must be adhered to.
- To comply with all working instructions, identifying procedures when ordering and receiving goods, including communication of non-conformances.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position.
Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Provision of all meals to the required standard of the Client/Company.
- Adhere to Company Quality Procedures, Health and Safety and Food Safety Regulations.
- Customer satisfaction.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company.
- City & Guilds 706, 1 & 2 or equivalent.
- Intermediate level Food Hygiene, HSWA and COSHH Certificates.
Contextual or other information
- Travel and overnight stay may be required to undertake training and other business requirements
- May be required to work unsociable hours in line with business requirements
- Flexibility on work schedule will be required at times
About The Company
Sodexo provides a diverse range of services to large business and public sector clients. Our solutions include food and catering, facilities management, property and technical services, benefits and rewards and home care services. These solutions improve the quality of life for the people and communities that we serve.
You could be working for a caring, passionate, close-knit team that’s also the 19th largest employer worldwide. Pursuing a career that opens up possibilities in over 70 countries and doing a job that positively impacts people’s quality of life every day. Broaden your possibilities, look at a career with Sodexo…