We have vacancies for Cleaning Operatives at our Colchester PFI site. Hours range from 16 to 40 per week, and cover a range of responsibilities, see attached job description for details. We are contracted to clean between 07:30 - 16:30, Monday to Friday, and we can often be flexible around when the hours are worked within this. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS check alongside the site security checks prior to starting work. The post is subject to 3 months probation. Right to Work documentation must be brought to interview, including current and valid photo ID and proof of address.
Hourly rate is in line with the national minimum wage; we offer 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata); sick pay after a qualifying period, and a contributory pension. Uniform is provided, successful applicants are required to supply their own safe footwear as most positions require use of cleaning machinery and chemicals.
Full training is given for all required duties, and all Health & Safety matters including COSHH and PPE.
Interested applicants please submit your CV and send a covering letter by email to the Cleaning Manager at email@example.com.
Here in Colchester we currently have an opportunity for a cleaner to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
We like to see some experience of commercial cleaning as we are responsible for a wide range of cleaning tasks, including offices, washroom and toilet areas, gymnasiums, receptions, healthcare settings, stores, military headquarters and more.
Applicants will need to be flexible in their approach as their areas of work within the PFI can change in response to our clients' and customers' requirements. A driving licence can be an advantage for certain positions as is the ability to drive a Sodexo vehicle (applies to applicants over the age of 21 only).
We have a large team, and an even larger site to cover including satellite areas, so successful applicants will be required to work on their own, or with colleagues, and often in the same area as military customers. We work in a Covid-19 safe environment and follow all government guidelines.
Please register your interest by uploading your CV onto the Sodexo job site, and emailing a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To clean accommodation blocks, office and workshop areas as directed by the SSS/Essence/Management
- Clock in and out daily via the TMS system; report any absence to the cleaning office
- Vacuuming of carpeted areas including stairs
- Wiping down of kitchen surfaces, damp-mopping of floors where required
- Cleaning of bathrooms and ablution areas, to include baths, showers, urinals, toilets, sinks
- Replenish consumables including toilet rolls, soaps and paper hand towels
- Use buffing machines on required floors
- Spot clean carpets, and use carpet cleaning machine as directed
- Empty bins as directed
- Damp-dust all required surfaces including desks, skirting boards, stair-rails, furniture
- Attend individual and team monthly training as directed
- Attend supervisor/Manager’s team briefs and huddles as instructed
- Wear PPE as provided and instructed at all times
- Report all Near Misses and/or accidents through line management as trained
- Observe all Sodexo and/or Authority Health & Safety, Fire, Environmental or QA processes and policies at all times
- Cover absence as required
- Be flexible to cover other areas within the Colchester PFI as directed and where there is a Business need
- This list of activities is not exhaustive, and other/ad hoc duties may be required at any time
The Ideal Candidate
- Some recent experience in commercial cleaning work required
- Driving licence desirable but not essential
About The Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.