We currently have an opportunity for a Leisure Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness is maintained throughout the building especially in the changing rooms, sports hall and gymnasium including cubicles, showers.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager any damage to equipment or fabric of the buildings.
- Ensuring that users vacate the facilities at the correct time.
- Undertaking general cleaning and labouring duties and assisting where necessary with the maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Maintaining a vigilant attitude to security both in and around the buildings at all times.
- Ensure all group leaders sign in and sign out.
- Dealing with third party (community users) enquiries in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Provide a telephone for ‘first aid’ and log all incidents in a first aid book.
- Responsible for own Health and Safety and the Health and Safety of others
- Ensuring all operations are carried out as detailed within operating procedures
The Ideal Candidate
- Good general education
- Working in a customer service environment
- Dealing with members of the public
- Keen interest in sport and leisure
- Health and safety awareness
- Customer focused
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to carry out cleaning tasks thoroughly
- Pleasant and cheerful manner
- Flexibility, as the post holder may be called upon to help in other areas around the school
- To handle heavy sports equipment
- Available to work unsociable hours as part of normal duties
- First aid at work qualification
- Experience of work at a gymnasium/sports hall or other leisure environment
- Manual handling training
- Security training
Other Requirements of the Job:
- Must be prepared to work unsocial hours and additional hours to cover for other staff due to holidays and sickness etc.
- Physically fit and capable of lifting
- Flexible attitude to work
- Regularly attending training
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.