This job has been closed.
To £22,000 + great benefits
Location: Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh
Work Pattern – 40 hrs pw 5/7 with flexibility
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities, and we celebrate diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be natural, and be the best versions of themselves. We recognise that we’re on a journey with regards to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
Sodexo Live! Have a fantastic exciting brand new opportunity for a talented Events Administrator to join our Heritage Portfolio Team, who are part of the Sodexo Family, based at The Royal Botanic Gardens in Edinburgh.
At Sodexo Live! we bring people together, we create exceptional moments and lasting memories. We are a unique community of people mobilized to create live experiences that are unforgettable.
Reporting in to the Event & Operations Manager you will support with covering event administration so you will need great organising and planning skills. If you have experience in hospitality or events and have attention to detail, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
This is a truly exceptional role, working in an amazing venue, delivering first class events throughout the year.
When you join Sodexo Live! you truly belong, you will have the opportunity to thrive with career and learning opportunities available across the organisation - we cant wait for you to join us!
- Ensure that all events are accurately costed
- Record and accurately communicate the event details and requirements to all departments and suppliers
- Support with booking and admin for client menu tastings
- Ensure the highest level of service and attention to detail is given to clients throughout the whole process
- Utilise CRM system for pricing and planning events
- Fully utilise ‘Priava’ for venue hire, event packages and diary updates for provisional/confirmed events
- Be proficient in all event planning on ‘Priava’ and the client sales system to ensure all departments are fully aware
- Be flexible and able to adapt to change of duties which could include working operationally at an event, race-day or retail outlet within one of Heritage Portfolio venues
The Ideal Candidate
- A dynamic individual with a can-do attitude and a results driven approach
- A bright talented events specialist who thrives on delivering memorable experiences, can react quickly and is flexible to change
- Someone who has an inbuilt attention to detail and efficiency, and who is also able to see the bigger picture
- A real energy and enthusiasm to motivate a team in preparation for events
- An ambitious, fun and positive individual who is an excellent communicator and immaculately presented but still wants to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process