This job has been closed.
37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Salary £27,100 - £28,700 per annum
May be required to complete weekend work.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
Post holders will be subjected to an advanced DBS check, a prison security check (level 2) prior to being employed.
HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for a Pharmacy Technician to work closely with the primary care team, pharmacy team and on-site pharmacist in the delivery of a high quality pharmacy service to the prison population.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Assist with the implementation and development of pharmacy support to all wings in the prison which includes where appropriate counselling of patients on the correct use of medication and administer medication once competent on the wings.
- Ensure clinical notes are maintained to the agreed standard at all times and that clients are appropriately assessed, admitted, care planned and discharged.
- Where set up, assist in the delivery of specialist services to prisoners e.g. smoking cessation, weight management, In Possession risk assessment clinics, medicines reconciliation
- Ensure that controlled drugs are stored and recorded in line with necessary procedures immediately escalating any problems to the Pharmacy Manager, Lead Pharmacist and Head of Healthcare as soon as they are detected.
- Assist in the delivery of a timely and efficient medicines management service to the Wing Treatment Services with responsibility for ensuring safe and appropriate access to medicines
- Issuing of ‘In Possession’ medicines where appropriate to prisoners in order to provide information in relation to medicines management, side effects and general medical advice.
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- NVQ level 3, BTEC or equivalent
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Relevant post qualifying experience working within a pharmacy environment.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrate and provide evidence of personal professional development.
- Flexible attitude to working arrangements - must be able to multi-skill changing work patterns at short notice and able to work within changing environments
- Committed to patient care and first-class service provision.
- Ability to work within a pressurised environment.
- Good IT skills and evidence of computer literacy
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.