Covid-19 - Test Supervisor - Rapid Test Site
This job has been closed.
- Hourly rate of £10.50
- This position is offered on a casual basis
- You must be available to work a shift pattern of 4 days on and 4 days off, working 07:30am - 20:30pm
- Please only apply for this role via www.sodexojobs.co.uk
- You will be required to undertake a DBS check
WE NEED YOU!
As we head into winter, the message from the government is clear - we all must be as vigilant as possible and get a COVID-19 test whenever necessary. We at Sodexo are proud to be continuing our important work supporting the national response to control the virus.
Our COVID-19 Testing Sites are key to this and we are seeking additional testing support at many of our centres across the UK.
We are seeking to recruit Test Supervisors to oversee the management COVID-19 Assisted-Testing Site, supervising the service delivery and all activities and outputs for administered testing for service users on site. You will operate the site strictly in line with all health directives and policy and procedures issued by Government and provide feedback to central teams and the base of operations. You will need to be available to work a shift pattern of 4 days on and 4 days off, working 07:30am - 20:30pm.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
Please note, Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
- Oversee the management of the Assisted-Testing operation
- Supervise all activities and outputs of the Testing Site, ensuring the safety of all staff and service users
- Read and interpret directives and documentation issued
- Carry out instructions provided in a written, oral or diagram form
- Problem-solve and create solutions to complex problems
- Record keeping and ensuring safety regulations and procedures are adhered to
- Supervisory practices, training and motivating members of the team ensuring to provide support
- Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level and correct PPE is always worn
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of following strict guidelines and procedures
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
- Willingness to work in an outdoor environment
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
- Understanding of PPE practices is desirable, however training is provided
- Previous experience as a supervisor
- Cleaning and sterilisation experience
- Experience of transporting medical waste (the collection of PPE and biohazard waste)
- Experience working in a medical, clinical or health environment
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.