This job has been closed.
- Permanent work
- Full time hours
- Single site based
- SIA license paid for by Sodexo
- Shift patterns
Sodexo benefits of:
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Up to 25 days leave (based on service)
- Life assurance Policy available
- Full uniform supplied
- Sodexo discounts on high street shops, entertainment and other retail items
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Wellbeing support for all staff
- Private GP appointments available
To provide security services as per service level agreement with the client in a professional manner.
- Follow the ‘Secure QMS’/Assignment Instructions
- Control Site Access/Gates & Barriers/Turnstiles
- Deactivate/Activate Alarm when required
- Emergency response and first point of contact for any incident.
- Lock and unlock facilities
- Carry out Site Patrols
- Manage Visitors and Contractor Passes etc.
- Dealing with Deliveries/Couriers
- Dealing with Non English speaking import, export drivers via comms unit
- Carry out reception work including supplying papers for photo copiers and printers
- Checking emails and acting on them.
- Telephone Duties
- Dealing with both incoming and outgoing mail
- Monitoring CCTV
- Carrying out Searches as required
- Handling Cash/Lost and found Property
- Provide First Aid if required.
- Reacting on Critical Alarms and Panic Alarms around the Site
- Dealing with various ‘Permit to Work’ on Site
- Dealing with ‘Winter Gritting’
- Conducting Fire Alarm and Break Glass Testing weekly
- Dealing with Protests and Demonstrations
- Dealing with Travellers
- Dealing with Emergency Effluent Tankers
- Making ‘Tannoy’ when required
- Carrying out Fire Extinguishers Checks on Site while on patrol
- Dealing with ‘Site Evacuation’
- Incident and Occurrence report writing
The Ideal Candidate
- SIA Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- CCTV Licence
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process