Airport Lounge Kitchen Porter
This job has been closed.
We currently have an opportunity for KITCHEN PORTER & CLEANER to join our team @ the Emirates Lounge @ Manchester Airport. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer opportunities for career progression.
- B.O.H/KP cleaners @ £9.00. 35 hours per week.
We currently have an opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career
- To ensure that all stock is checked in and stored away correctly. Keep back of house areas clean and tidy at all times.
- To provide reliable and high quality housekeeping and janitorial services prior to, during and after its opening times.
- To Maintain the presentation and cleanliness of all designated areas, bathroom and kitchen facili-ties.
- To ensure all areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required standards – this is to include weekly and period tasks.
- To interact directly and discretely with the Airline’s premium passengers in a professional and ap-propriate manner.
- Taking and recording of all frozen and chilled delivery temperature.
- Put all deliveries away in the correct storage areas and ensure that stock is rotated at all times. Re-frigeration and frozen deliveries to take priority. Check for any damaged packaging only sign for products that appear in good order and that are on the order sheet.
- Only allow Halal meat / products to be taken into site.
- Check daily for any out of date produce and report to your Line Supervisor / Manager.
- Check daily that all food in any storage area is covered and dated correctly. Report any discrepancies to your Line Supervisor / Manager
- Ensure that the storerooms, fridges and freezers and any other storage areas are kept clean and clear at all times, all floors to be swept and mopped daily.
- During service times support where necessary in the kitchen.
- Operate the dishwasher machine. Put all crockery, cutlery, trays and other kitchen items through the dishwasher and put all clean items away.
- Thoroughly clean the machine at the end of each shift.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Kitchen by sweeping and mopping the floors, wiping counters etc.
- Empty waste bins and rubbish and move to collection point.
- Wipe clean and replace bin liners.
- Report any incidents of accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other irregularities to your Line Su-pervisor or Manager.
- Supporting the chef and Kitchen assistant with preparation of food items as requested.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- To dress accordingly to the standards and guidelines advised, and wear the supplied uniform gar-ments at all times when on duty and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene.
- To only use products and equipment supplied and specifically for the job.
- Ensure that all H&S & F&S documentation for example cleaning schedules and temperature rec-ords are signed off daily once all tasks have been completed.
- Comply with all legal and company procedures / polices relating to food safety, health and safety and personal hygiene.
- Sign in and out when on shift to ensure hours worked are paid correctly. Follow the shift’s rosta.
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings as requested and use the training given when neces-sary.
- Act as a positive ambassador for the business and show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- Follow procedures for sickness, lateness and holidays.
The Ideal Candidate
- Kitchen experience
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Lounge experience
About The Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 36,000 people and delivers On-site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions. Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and Discloure Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland)