Distribution and Logistics Operative
This job has been closed.
We currently have an opportunity for a Logistics Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Excellent Salary and benefits
Free Parking on Site
On site Gym which is available to join
To provide the day to day services required to support the Distribution & Logistics functions at GSK Stevenage. This would include but not be limited to, Goods Inward / Stores functions, movement of consumables (including kanban), and solvents.
- Customer & Client Focus: Deliver exceptional customer service to build valuable long-term relationships with customers and clients.
- Impact and Influence: Communicates to build relationships and interacts appropriately with others.
- Continuous Improvement: Seeks to continuously raise standards and improve quality of performance and service.
- Working with others: Works effectively and professionally with others to achieve the desired results. Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and management; team work is key in this role.
- Adherence to all company & client policies and procedures, site rules and regulations
- Receive and process incoming goods/items (consumables, solvent) ensuring appropriate receipt, handling, labelling and storage as required and provide timely onward distribution.
- Ensure that incoming deliveries and paperwork conform to purchase orders and administrative requirements.
- Ensure that all received items are undamaged and examined appropriately according to safety and security requirements.
- All inventories are kept within safe, agreed levels as determined by license
- Operation of computerized databases and systems to ensure that reports are accurate and complete to comply with regulatory and business requirements.
- Facilitate the provision of data for monthly reports on performance and service delivery
- Ensure all records are maintained in accordance with compliance guidelines and retention periods are consistent with regulatory and business requirements.
- Drive and operate departmental and company vehicles as required once trained and competency checks undertaken
- Operate equipment (x-ray inspection machines, mechanical handling equipment, fork lift etc) according to instructions, training and procedures.
- Ensure regular checks of the equipment and machines used during the working day. Any faults/defects to be reported to Line Manager
- To report any non-conformances, delays to Line Manager
- Liaise on a daily basis with other members of the D&L team
- Work to GxP practices where applicable
- To attend training sessions appertaining to the post and ensure this training is documented in your training file.
- To maintain own training file ensuring any training requirements relevant to the role are current or requested for refreshed as necessary.
- Actively participate in team huddles/comm-cell meetings and proactively report customer and process feedback (VOC/VOP).
- To maintain a clean and tidy area at all times
- Carry out all requests and tasks in a helpful and professional manner, build relationships with key staff and consistently demonstrate service excellence
- Complete any Helpdesk requests within the set time frames
- Demonstrate a high standard of personal hygiene, appearance, ensuring the company uniform issued is worn at all times
- Adhere to all company & client policies, procedures, site rules and regulations
- Comply with all company & client procedures relating to Health & Safety & safe working practices
- Start work on time and adhere to break times whilst on duty
- Represent and promote the Company wherever possible
- Provide support and cover for all departmental operations as required and to other departments as requested and reasonable
- To perform other reasonable duties as deemed necessary
- Complete monthly inspections of all areas of responsibility.
- Identify areas for improvement within site and escalate appropriately
- Comply with Company and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH.
- To deliver a consistent level of service, within the company’s standards, to the contract specification and agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets
- During the course of his/her duties the post holder may have access to, or witness confidential information, which must NOT be divulged to any unauthorised person at any time.
The Ideal Candidate
- General good health / fitness consistent with ability to perform all of the above functions
- Stores, supply chain and logistics experience ideally within a pharmaceutical industry
- Good basic education
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and multi-service team service personnel to achieve results
- Reasonable level of computer literacy. (knowledge of Microsoft Office software or software packages used would be an advantage)
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision and able to work under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines
- Strong team player with a flexible approach and experience in a high-quality customer service operation
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking
- Able to complete relevant paperwork according to principles of Good Documentation Practice
- A basic knowledge of COSHH, IOSH, Health and Safety requirements within a logistics environment
- A clean UK driving license
- Experience of using hand-held scanning devices.
- A demonstrable knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental legislation
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong team player and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to train new staff and to give guidance to team members
- Experience within a customer-facing environment
- Growth, Client & Customer Satisfaction / Quality of Services provided
- Rigorous management of results
- Commercial Awareness
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process