This job has been closed.
We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Stores/Loading Bay Operative at a blue chip contract based in Leatherhead, Surrey. The purpose of the role is to primarily provide the following:
The day to day management and handling of all stock on site, liaising directly with the staff shop, catering, business support and housekeeping.
The day to day operation, providing a clean, tidy and pleasant environment to work in whilst giving the highest level of customer service
- All product deliveries to site are correctly handled with relevant documentation maintained and temperature checks taken and recorded where necessary
- All Sodexo stock to be counted on a monthly basis
- Stock rotation systems are in place and regularly monitored
- Ensuring all stock levels are maintained and managed
- Ensuring the stock rooms and surrounding areas are kept clean, tidy and free from obstructions
- All activities meet the require levels of Safety, Health & Environment
- Managing deliveries and checking against the relevant order sheets
- All outgoing waste is managed through the correct waste streams
- To ensure security of all stores, fridges and freezers during working hours
- Assist with loading bay duties as required
- Keep storage areas within the loading bay clean and tidy
- Packing and distributing of ice cream products
- Controlling of Unilever Food Solutions storeroom
- Picking and collecting products for shop and catering as required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of working in a similar service environment via a multi-skilled workforce to blue chip organisations or within prestige environments with a strong focus on customer service
- High level of personal hygiene
- Relevant training, qualifications and experience to deliver services in line with legislative and statutory requirements
- Awareness of the need to provide services in a sensitive manner such as not to affect Unilever’s business reputation
- Good numeric and literacy skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work alone and use initiative
- IT Skills
- Fork lift license would be beneficial
We currently have an opportunity for a Warehouse Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Undertake receipt and checking of incoming goods and materials that is correctly stored within the warehouse and PDL
- Loading and unloading goods from vehicles.
- Pick customer requirements where required and undertake all necessary controls and ensuring procedures are complied with as appropriate, and making available for dispatch
- Dispatch outgoing orders in line with company processes
- Undertake loading goods or stock by hand or truck for movement of goods and clinical supplies support where required
- Ensure daily safety checks on the truck are conducted thoroughly.
- Work with NPD lab technician to ensure the workplace environment is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Take reasonable care of both your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions, ensuring all company safety and quality systems are followed and all times and report any incidents or suggestions to your line manager;
- Working with all groups deliver the waste stream ensuring all goods/Materials are disposed of safely and in line with company processes.
- Deputise and provide cover for absent colleagues as required, and regularly refresh on processes to ensure this can be achieved effectively;
The Ideal Candidate
- Basic numeracy, literacy and computer skills
- Fork lift license would be beneficial, but training will be given.
- Strong verbal communication
- Diligent attention to detail and attention to safety
- Ability to work under pressure
About The Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.