We currently have an opportunity for a Security Officer/Weighbridge Operator to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company.
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times whilst carrying out duties to the highest levels
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to company uniform requirements.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
- To develop excellent working relationships with our customers engaging with all levels in the business
- To remain alert and vigilant for intruders.
- To respond to any calls for assistance and co-ordinate any incident with relevant shift manager/responsible person(s). (Includes contacting the emergency services via ADT)
- To document all incidents and occurrences in the Daily Occurrence Book.
- To provide written reports and witness statements to site and the Police if required.
- Correct use of Proxclick site visitor booking system
- Use of Weighbridge
- To enforce Sodexo and Nestle policies and procedures.
- To monitor the CCTV system, access control system and fire alarm system.
- Conduct staff and vehicle checks where required.
- Control access and egress to site for both vehicles and pedestrians.
- Good Analytical skills
- Organised & able to use initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and customers
- Competent with different types of operational systems
- This role requires a high level of energy, drive and resilience as well as an ability to do things at pace without loss of accuracy
- Strong interactive communication skills
- To be able to develop and build good client & customer relationships- Essential
- Customer service focused with exceptional communication skills- Essential
- To be able to respond to a variety of needs and work pressures- Essential
- A knowledge of health and safety- Essential
- Smart and presentable- Essential
- To be physically fit and capable of conducting manual various handling tasks- Essential
- Valid SIA license - Essential
- To be able to show flexibility with regards to work patterns
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality issues- Essential
- All employees are expected to adhere to Sodexo health and safety regulations and Equal opportunity regulations – Essential
- To be able to write accurate and legible logs, security reports and statements- Essential
We currently have an opportunity for a Security Officer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Security Officer you could be responsible for:
- Ad-hoc support for our security operations
- Ensuring buildings, valuables or people are safe and secure
- Patrolling, securing and monitoring premises, sometimes with the aid of closed circuit television (CCTV)
- Supervising the door for a large organisation
- Guarding cash or other valuables in transit in a security vehicle
- Driving vehicles as and when required
- Health and Safety and Evacuation procedures
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- A full current driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent awareness skills
- Experience in working in a similar role
- A SIA Licence holder – Manned Guarding Licence, SIA Licence holder – CCTV desirable
- Knowledge of security techniques
- Knowledge of site and local emergency procedures
About The Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.