Support delivery of statutory, legislative, and mandatory maintenance on a Client site.
Complete planned and reactive maintenance, as well as minor new works as directed.
- Complete risk assessments for maintenance tasks and work safely always.
- Respond to Emergency Call Out’s and attend site to provide engineering expertise ‘out of hours.
- Manage a variety of reactive tasks and planned activities to meet service level agreement deadlines.
- Keep up to date with any changes in legislation and best practice relating to the work being completed
- Escorting of specialist sub-contractors
- To deliver a high-quality professional service, with a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Undertake Mechanical work in domestic, commercial, industrial building, minor works repairs and fault finding.
- To be fully conversant with all aspects of Mechanical systems.
- To inspect, order materials and complete tasked works in a timely and efficient manner. Update help desk with any delays
- To liaise with help desk daily, scheduling works and completions
- To liaise with customers to arrange appointments, access and to discuss works.
- To liaise with other staff as necessary to ensure the timely completion of works within agreed operational targets.
- Support and Undertake reactive and planned maintenance works activities including but not restricted to Mechanical systems to a wide range of buildings inc domestic, commercial, and industrial.
- Complete all works to a high standard and in a competent manner with the property being left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Be an essential part of the local team who will ensure that all works are carried out in a safe manner.
- To undertake weekend/out of hours working, if required, to complete intrusive maintenance activities that cannot be undertaken in client operating hours.
- Supporting the Senior Engineer, Technical Engineer and Service Delivery Manager in technical queries or when a Business case is being prepared for submission to the client.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
- Regular 121 with Sodexo line manager
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- Take part in Personal development reviews including the recognition of training and development needs.
- To attend your performance development review to discuss job standards and agree development activities
- To maintain high levels of personal hygiene and wear the appropriate uniform and PPE as required
- To report any near miss occurrences, accidents, or faulty equipment to management
- To ensure effective communication with line manager, team, customer, and client organisation
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have good awareness of the HASAWA 1974 and their own legal obligations.
- Must have good awareness of British Standards.
- Qualified plumber accredited with City & Guilds Level 2
- Willing to learn, Able to identify unsafe situations and apply British Standards
- Able to communicate and work as part of a team and use own initiatives, knowledge, experience and professional judgment to act quickly in any emergency and to safely respond and make safe decisions regarding unsafe situations.
- working knowledge/experience of building maintenance.
- Excellent communications both written and verbal.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Must have good awareness of equipment and associated maintenance skills.
- A good team player with a flexible approach in achieving the targets/work plans.
- Report to supervisor, keeping them informed of activity progress and highlight any problems
- Maintain tools, equipment, PPE in a good working condition
- Comply with Health, Safety, Environmental and trade/industry regulations in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements including safe systems of work and near miss reporting
- Provide accurate records of time taken for tasks, materials used, and any other information required to ensure efficient service delivery
- Complete training and competency assessments
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process