Learning & Development Assistant
This job has been closed.
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave (includes Bank Holidays) increasing every year by 1 to the maximum of 33 days over 5 years' service
- An additional day off for your Birthday
- Cycle to Work scheme for our Head Office, Regional and Branch staff
- Long Service Awards
- Work Place Pension
- Employee assistance programme (EAP) - confidential phone line and online support and resources available to you and your loved ones 24/7
- Supportive working environment with ongoing learning and development opportunities.
- A friendly, agile and flexible working culture.
This is an exciting time to be joining Prestige Nursing and Care, part of the Sodexo Group. At Prestige Nursing and Care we are leading the care industry to raise standards by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services that ensure people receive the highest quality of care.
We are looking for a dynamic, independent professional, enthusiastic and can-do attitude to join our team.
As a key member of the Learning and Development and HR Team this is an exciting role with plenty of scope to contribute to the success of the business.
We offer a supportive working environment with lots of potential for learning and development and a friendly, agile and flexible working culture.
The L&D Assistant will provide administration support for training delivery across Prestige. Supporting the L&D Officer and Clinical Team to ensure employees/members achieve their functional skills and other learning objectives.
- Organise and co-ordinate training activity for all employees, including logistics and appropriate training methods (virtual, simulated, mentoring, on the job, etc)
- Support the L&D Officer in collate training needs for all employees and put together annual training plans in line with budget that incorporates colleagues training needs against business priorities
- Supporting the L&D Officer to research suppliers to identify the most appropriate training solutions to match needs
- Maintain records of mandatory training and actively ensure employees complete relevant compliance training as required and provide input for reporting purposes to the L&D Officer on training activity across the organisation
- Supporting the L&D Officer with mapping out training plans, schedules, designing and developing training programmes for Head Office and Branches
- Supporting with Head Office Inductions for new starters and maintaining induction materials to ensure they are up to date and relevant
- Maintain the Learning and Development content on the SharePoint, to include relevant policies and guidelines as appropriate and articles relating to learning and development
- Be the first point of contact for any training related queries from Branches and Head Office
- Apprenticeship Liaison person
- Provide ad hoc support for HR Projects occasional support of the recruitment process, producing letters and reports, and covering for the HR administrators during absences
- Co ordinate and support ‘champions’ across the business to promote personal development and raising the profile for certain sectors of care
- Be a champion for internal customer service
- Do any other reasonable things your manager needs you to do
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience with Learning and Development ideally within a care environment
- Desirable Level 3 or 5 qualification in L&D
- Strong communication skill, written and verbal
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of basic programs, word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook
- Excellent administration skills, organisational skills and time-management
- Excellent planning skills
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Ability to work on own initiative on a mixture of reactive and proactive tasks
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Symmetry between personal and organisational values
- Demonstrates the behaviours associated with Prestige Nursing & Care’s values
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing & Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process