Chef de Partie
The job has expired.
Salary £21,276.20 + £3,453 London weighting.
37.5 hours per week - working between 6am - 6pm over a 7 day period (rota already in place) including Bank holidays
What we offer
- Season ticket loans
- Free meals
- Free parking
- Subsidised gym membership
- Group discount schemes
- Up to 28 days holiday pro rata (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
Location - HMP Bronzefield, Woodthorpe Road, Ashford, Middlesex, TW15 3JZ. Please note this is not located near Ashford in Kent.
HMP Bronzefield are currently recruiting for a Chef de Partie to supervise and train residents within the Coffee Shop, Vita Nova and provide a catering service to staff and visitors; introducing everything from the basics of food delivery to specialist food preparation, baking and cooking..
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
- To assist in the preparation and cooking of meals for 600 residents twice daily in accordance to Sodexo policies and procedures.
- Maintain all food safety/ Health and Safety regulations.
- Provide Residents support to increase their Catering knowledge and pass a recognised Catering qualification.
- Follow instructions given by Catering Manager and Supervisor
- Provide support to residents whilst they work alongside you, sharing knowledge, skills, and training
- Increase prisoners’ employability and reduce re-offending
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum Qualification City and Guilds 7132/06-07 or 706/2 diploma in food production and cooking or equivalent.
- Experience of industrial catering.
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication.
- Experience of instructing/supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Experience in a prison or forces environment
- Experience of teaching or working with disadvantaged groups or in a Young Offender or prison environment.
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.