Hospitality Manager (Mess Manager)
This job has been closed.
£26,511 per annum
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
We are currently recruiting a Mess Manager at Larkhill Garrison in Wiltshire, close to the city of Salisbury.
The Royal Artillery Mess is the most prestigious mess within the Allenby Connaught contract. It is the home of Warrant Officers & Sergeants Mess of the Artillery and as such is the window in to the history of the Artillery Regiment, with Royal Artillery Regiments from around the world and reunions all taking place in the mess. The mess holds numerous functions throughout the year, the majority being military style events.
The successful candidate will be highly experience in Profit and Loss management, will be able to carry themselves with an authoritative and confident manner, as they will need to be able to converse with Senior Warrant Officers and the Clients.
For this very busy high profile environment, we require a ‘can do’ team player who is well organised, articulate and professional. With these attributes the success that this job can bring is extremely rewarding.
- To drive service excellence and customer satisfaction in your mess
- To manage the day to day activities of the Mess, to the benefit of all members and residents
- To promote and manage functions including planning, menus and costing in conjunction with the Service Manager
- To ensure standards of service detailed in the schedule of requirements (SOR) and quantity tables are achieved, maintained and developed
- To liaise with the PMC and mess committee to develop relationships and promote Sodexo
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven experience in hospitality sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent
- Proven experience of managing client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Experience of working in a military environment
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process