The job has expired.
This is a part time position working 24 hours per week: Shift times are:
- Monday 9am to 7pm
- Thursday 2pm to 7pm
- Sunday 9am to 7pm
Pay-rate is age dependent, with 23+ year olds earning £9.50 per hour
We currently have an opportunity for a Ward Assistant working within a patient environment. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Ward Assistant you will be responsible for:
-Working with the ward team to develop and maintain the patient environment.
- Providing high quality helpful and courteous beverage and meal service to meet the needs of the patients.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- To assist in the preparation of all patient food services.
- To ensure that all food is prepared in a safe and hygienic manner at all times.
- Distribution of menu folders to patients. Service of food to patients at designated times.
- Collect, wash, refill and distribute patient water jugs and glasses. - Checking the temperature of food and recording prior to service to patients. - Conduct meal service by attractive presentation.
- Monitor and report wastage levels of patient meals, ensure ward issuesare maintained at agreed levels and ensure stock control and rotation procedures are maintained.
- Prepare and serve a range of snacks to patients between meals or on an adhoc basis.
- Collection, washing and storage of all crockery and cutlery items at ward level.
- Maintain ward kitchens and equipment in a clean and hygienic manner.
- Checking and recording fridge temperatures.
- Clean and maintain kitchen, kitchen cupboards, fixtures and appliances.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Knowledge of routine light cleaning
- Knowledge of food handling procedures
- Ability to communicate with staff, employees and customers
- Ability to accept and prioritise instructions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to adhere to standards and procedures
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Friendly approach
- Basic numeracy and literacy
About The Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.