This job has been closed.
We currently have an opportunity for a Housekeeping Room Attendant to join our team.
This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
The scope of this role is to ensure that all designated areas are cleaned efficiently and effectively according to the standards lay down the client and Sodexo. This would be working at our large Newbold Revel site which includes but is not limited to 280 bedrooms, gymnasium and large grounds.
The working hours are any five days out of seven and is paid at £9.50 and hour. It is paid monthly and is a permanent position. The work day at site starts at 6am and so cleaners can be scheduled on anytime from then so we need candidates who are flexible.
The successful applicant must have a keen eye for detail and so continue to maintain a very high standard of cleanliness. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Carry out any / all cleaning duties as requested by your team leader / management team
To ensure that all tasks are carried out in a professional and timely manner, following all “safe systems of work” and risk assessment directions
Wear the correct and appropriate PPE specified at all times
To comply with all statutory client and Sodexo Health & Safety rules and regulations
To comply with all client and Sodexo security regulations for cleaning materials, equipment and buildings
To provide high personal standards of work/performance, personal hygiene and appearance
Undertake all required training in relation to all aspects of the cleaning service delivered to the client, as requested.
Complete a schedule of cleaning tasks, as directed by the cleaning supervisor / cleaning manager
Ensure that all requirements in relation to COSHH are adhered to, as specified by the cleaning supervisor /manager
To report all faults in relation to cleaning machinery/equipment to the cleaning supervisor / manager
To report all building defects to the supervisor / manager
To carry out any reasonable request, as specified by the cleaning supervisor / manager
Efficiently clean bedrooms, hallways, lobby, toilets, corridors, and other public/private areas to a high standard.
- Providing the highest level of housekeeping service within your area of responsibility in line with the clients’ specifications
- Responding positively, politely and promptly to all customer requirements and carry out your duties in a professional and courteous manner
- Providing a range of general cleaning services to include offices/meeting rooms, toilets/showers, laboratories and amenity areas site wide
- Ensuring all stocks are replenished in your area of responsibility
- Making yourself familiar with and follow all company procedures and regulations
- Participating in the Health and Safety Policy of the company and report any dangers, near misses or hazards you encounter to your Coordinator/Line Manager
- All offices, toilets, laboratories and amenity areas to be presented in a clean and tidy
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous work experience in customer service employment
About The Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business