Christmas Off! No Split Shifts! Work only 7 out of 14 days in term time!
Come and join us as a Commis Chef in our big and friendly team at the Clifton College site in Bristol in our recently refurbished, well equipped kitchen providing catering services in a 7-day-a-week boarding and day school.
You would be involved in both core meal service as well as function work
We do not operate with split shifts, and we close between Christmas and New Year
During term time and some school holidays shifts are long (12 hours) but are arranged across a 2 week period working 3 days in the first week and 4 days in the second week, meaning you are working 7 days out of 14. We also aim during term time to offer every other weekend off. During other school holiday times we generally operate on a Monday to Friday basis where we can.
Generally early shifts start at 6am, late shifts typically finish at 8pm.
Paid Overtime is sometimes available to cover absences such as holidays.
Flexibility would be required for function work.
You will have a great passion for food and team engagement.
Access to a workplace apprenticeship is also possible for an individual looking to upskill and develop.
Background in education and/or a large catering environment would be advantageous but not essential.
Assist in the production, preparation and presentation of all meals and services to the company standards, within the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets
- Comply with all company and statutory regulations relating to Health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the work place.
- Assist in the preparation, production, presentation and service of all meals ensure they are served at the correct times, within the company’s standards and to the agreed specification of the contract.
- Ensure that the control of raw materials and portions are to the companys standards and to ensure food is served at the correct temperature
- Ensure that all goods are quickly and correctly stored away on rotation system following the rule ‘first in first out’ and comply with health and safety regulations.
- Assist in the service of meals as required.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the food preparation and food service area at all times.
- Keep all work areas and surfaces clean and tidy at all times. Assist with routine cleaning schedules as required.
- Ensure high standards of personal performance, hygiene, appearance and cleanliness at all times.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to our customers and clients in all areas of service, which Sodexo provide.
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the company’s and client’s standards.
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
- Assist at any special ad-hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours.
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations.
- To assist as required at special functions some of which may occur outside of regular hours, for which you will be paid overtime
- To report any complaints and take action where possible
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
- To attend meetings and courses as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- A Great Passion for Food and Team Engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Computer literacy
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated, sense of own initiative and the ability to meet target deadlines as set by the Account Manager
- Ability to work effectively as part of and in the development of a team with a flexible approach to role and to successfully implement change
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process