Electrical Technician - Leamington Spa Mega Lab
£37,543 + benefits
Working on 4 on 4 off shift pattern, 36 hour/week, day/night shifts on site operating 24/7/365.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
We have an exciting opportunity within Sodexo healthcare segment for 2 Electrical Technicians to join our team due to a recent contract win! In this role you will provide technical support and assistance to carry out all PPM and reactive tasks at Leamington Spa Mega Lab!
Covid 19 Mega Labs will help increase UK's daily testing capacity meaning faster turnaround times for test results.
To be successful in this position you will have proven substantial experience within the Electrical Trade of maintenance and repair, have sound understanding of Health and Safety at Work Regulations and good verbal and written communication skills.
This is a unique opportunity to join a business that will continue to be in transition with multiclient base so ability to adapt to changing situations is essential to be successful in this role.
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to complete BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) clearance.
- Deliver Contractual obligations in relation to PPMs and Reactive tasks
- Assist Sodexo management as required to deliver contractual expectations
- Carry out all PPM tasks appertaining to both electrical and mechanical systems: weekly Fire Alarm tests, (training will be provided), monthly emergency light testing, monthly emergency generator tests (training will be provided).
- Provide support to the shift - team as required to ensure Sodexo remain compliant with contractual obligations.
- Compile and update SOP for carrying out PPM tasks across site and receive authorisation and sign off from appropriate Manager.
- Compile and update RA’s for carrying out PPM tasks across site and receive authorisation and sign off from appropriate Manager.
- Manage the critical spares stock and order spare parts as required and ensure records of stock levels are kept and items that are rechargeable are charged to the correct Finance stream.
- Provide Technical advice and support on Projects on site to ensure proposed new systems are compatible with existing systems as and when required
- Effectively use the Maximo system and its components to validate and record all works and resource time detail.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven substantial experience within the Electrical Trade of maintenance and repair
- Qualified in Emergency Lighting Systems and understands statutory requirements
- Qualified to 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regs
- Sound understanding of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Computer literate, preferable with knowledge of building management and CAFM systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing situations
- Authorised person appointments as directed
Where we can be flexible:
- Knowledge and training in Fire Alarm systems
- Experience of working within an Acute Hospital environment
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.