Cellar Staff at Ascot Racecourse
1711 by Ascot are currently recruiting casual cellar operatives to support on event and racedays at Ascot Racecourse. Ascot Racecourse is a successful, friendly and warm welcoming community, we offer a high-quality service to all our guests and have ambitious plans to continue to improve and develop the services, which we offer.
The cellar team is central to ensuring the Racecourse bars and restaurants are fit for purpose to meet the high standards which our guests expect. The dynamic racecourse environment means that the cellar team need to meet changing requirements, which requires the job holder to demonstrate high levels of flexibility and co-operative working to ensure that they and team members work effectively.
- Taking top up orders from Boxes staff or management on requisition pads, via our private boxes’ clientele.
- Handing stock over from the Core Cellar par holding level, as per each order and sign off each time, whilst ensuring the client has signed for the stock too.
- Record all stock movements onto the duplicated order forms at the same time.
- Ordering top up stock from the Boxes Cellar itself when par stock levels are getting low.
- Stock security – all stocks must always be monitored and locked down at the end of each event.
- Ensure all Boxes fridges within their working area are topped back up to their par level, in readiness for their next working day / event and are then locked down.
- Ability to work well with others
- Attention to detail
The Ideal Candidate
- Someone who is methodical and works well under pressure, whilst maintaining a calm integrity.
- Professional phone skills.
- Should also be adaptable to the changeable environment of race days, some being very busy and other being a little quiet.
- Must have basic beer, wine, spirit and champagne knowledge and be able to recognise drinking trends.
- Good stock management is key.
- Finally, you should have strong communication skills and build a good relationship with other members of the Cellar team, especially the cellar management team.
About The Company
Sodexo Sports and Leisure is offering exciting opportunities to work at top venues delivering the highest standard of events across the country. As a company we provide catering on behalf of our clients at prestigious sites and events including Ascot Racecourse, The RHS Chelsea Flower Show, Brighton AMEX Stadium, Edinburgh Corn Exchange, Goodison Park and many more.
To help us deliver the highest quality service we are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our team. We have a range of positions available to set you off on the right track within Sodexo, so step up to the mark, be more than a spectator and become a part of our team.