Multi-Skilled Engineer (Mechanical)
The job has expired.
- Completion of site day to day Planned / Reactive Maintenance requirements.
- Support the Lead Engineers in the safe operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment.
- Ensure SHE compliance for all relevant statutory and regulatory obligations.
- Highlight failing assets and support the implementation of the asset and life cycle management strategy.
- Monitor performance of specialist sub-contractors ensuring RAMS and permits to work are in place.
- Ensure plant maintenance records and drawings are current and accurate.
- Form part of the on-call rota team providing out of hours support to the plant, equipment and buildings.
- To be the AP for Working at height and confined spaces.
- Complete / Assist any minor works or project requirements.
- Support another site in times of sickness and holiday cover.
- Carry out PPM, Reactive, Minor Works, and Projects in accordance with set schedules. Ensuring Engineering standards are maintained, in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated Electrical/Mechanical systems.
- Work with the Client, Key Stakeholders and Contractors to determine appropriate calendar timing requirements for any maintenance operations to minimise disruption to the business.
- Assisting in good H&S compliance, statutory compliance and completion of remedials.
- Assisting with building management H&S activities, such as fire safety systems, SSOW, BCP, environmental risk assessments and accurate asset information.
- Assist the implementation of maintenance best practice techniques in their area, including Sodexo’s Asset Management Framework.
- The role holder will be expected to respond to emergency calls both inside and outside of normal working hours.
- Support and ensure Technical Services meet their contract KPI’s.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the business are conducted in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements and Codes of Practice.
- Act as Working at Height AP.
- Act as Confined Spaces AP.
- Ensure 100% of contractors have a relevant RA and MS in place before commencing any work.
- 100% of contractors to be inducted and signed in on site. Carry-out point of work inspections.
- To maintain critical spares holding on site and update as necessary.
- Provide engineering support to the incident controller in the event of a site emergency.
- Interrogation and understanding of the site BMS systems and the fire alarm systems.
- To attend site meetings as required.
- To identify Energy and Cost saving opportunities, always striving to improve Engineering service and profile.
- To be an ambassador for Sodexo Hard Services Team on site, - Clean, Smart, Helpful and Proactive.
- Complete Sodexo/client training requirements specific to the site that may be away from your core expertise, in order to fulfil contractual requirements and achieve compliance.
System responsibilities for (not limited to):
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning plant.
- Plant automation and controls including BMS.
- Fire suppression systems and sprinkler installations.
- Hot and cold domestic water systems and water hygiene maintenance.
- Vertical transportation.
- Provide back up support to all electrical systems.
The Ideal Candidate
- Completed an apprenticeship / traineeship in a relevant discipline.
- City & Guilds in HVAC / BTEC ONC in Building Services Engineering (Mechanical).
- Relevant Plumbing qualification
- Have a good working knowledge of electrical distribution, small power & lighting, automation and controls.
- Qualification in control of Legionella and water hygiene maintenance.
- Able to diagnose faults under emergency conditions to maintain service to critical infrastructure.
- Flexible attitude to work individually and working as part of a team.
- Have good practical skills and be able to find pragmatic solutions to day to day issues.
- Able to represent Sodexo both internally and with clients.
- Hold a valid UK driving license.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical role.
- City & Guilds F-Gas Certificate.
- Energy Management Qualification
- Gas Safe Commercial and Domestic.
- Additional qualifications and experience in other building related trades would be advantageous
- Asbestos Awareness
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent.
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process