Chef/ Diet Chef
The job has expired.
We are offering a great opportunity with a permanent role of 30 hours per week as chef/diet chef.
Chef qualifications and an eye for detail are essential, as are good communication skills as you will be liaising with both wards and dieticians. This is a bespoke role and training will be given.
The day to day tasks will be preparing specialist diet meals for the various requirements of our patients and supporting our kitchen team.
We currently have an opportunity for a Diet Chef to join our team.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Chef to develop their career with a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Responsable for production of meals for patients on Special Diets requested by the Turst Dietitian.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, Allergen free,low fibre, salt free, no added salt,Vegan, Low residue.
- To ensure that foods from different Cultures around the world: for example Asian, African, Caribbean meet the Client and Sodexo standards.
- To assist in implementing and maintaining the service for all Hospitality related activities, production service, clear down
- To assist in implementing and maintaining the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals and breaks at the required time, being provided to the standard of the food service offer(s) and laid down in the Service Level Agreement and to the Client's, Customer's and Sodexo’s satisfaction
- To report and, where possible, take action for any incidents of accident, fire, loss, theft, damage, unfit food, or any other irregularities
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- literate and numerate
- 5706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.