Chef – CF
This job has been closed.
To take responsibility for organising and controlling the efficient and economic production of quality food and beverages within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with Food Hygiene Legislation.
- Prepare, cook and serve hot meals and beverages following the departments HACCP procedures and in compliance with the Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Provide special dietary requirements where necessary.
- Take into account preference of individual clients.
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold snacks outside of planned meal times at the request of clients.
- When required prepare and cook specialist meals or beverages for patients in accordance with their nutritional assessment, and patients individual likes and dislikes.
- Operate a clean as you go policy
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness
- Ensure that the cleaning schedules are followed and checked daily
- Provide training as necessary
- Complete all training as required by the department.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained at the correct level to ensure a smooth service.
- Complete monthly stock takes.
- Discuss menus with clients and staff
- Inform clients and staff of menu changes
- Dealing with customer complaints
- Liaise with patients, encouraging and guiding them into making food choices.
- Discuss dietary needs with Dieticians and Nurses
- Takes food orders from patients communicating the available options directly to the clients.
- Liaising with Patient Service Manager
- Carry out customer satisfaction surveys quarterly
- Communicate with and supervise other members of the cook team.
- Attend weekly meetings with Trust staff and PSM.
Budgetary /Financial Control
- Ensure that stocks are managed, including stock rotation and stock taking.
- Ensure the correct and economical use of materials
- Ordering of all stock.
- Checking of all deliveries according to the HACCP procedures in place
- Keep waste to a minimum.
- Work within financial targets.
- Maintain accurate records of food supplies.
Training and Development
- Attend all mandatory training as required
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
Health & Safety
- Ensure that statutory Health & Safety is followed
- Ensure Trust Healthy & Safety policy is followed
- Ensure the Food Hygiene (General) Regulations and Food Hygiene (temperature control) Regulations are adhered to.
- Ensure all HACCP documentation is up to date.
- Ensure that all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored effectively
- Ensure that all cleaning is carried out according to the cleaning schedules and is effective
- Report illness of an infectious nature
- Report accidents and incidents according to Trust policy
- Promote safe working practices
- Report faulty appliances and other potential hazards
- Carry out risk assessments if required
- Provide cover for colleagues on occasion
- Ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Adhere to all policy and procedure
- To work as part of a team
This job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
The Ideal Candidate
- City and Guilds/NVQ 3
- Level 4 food safety
- Knowledge of Special Diets
Skills and Knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of food preparation for a similar client group
- Day to day decision making
- Planning of work schedules
- Multi tasking
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.