Food Service Assistant
The job has expired.
To cook breakfast from 08:30 - 10:30 on Saturday & Sundays feeding approx. 10 to 30 customers. Working to Sodexo and food safety guidelines making sure clean working practices are followed and food safety paperwork is completed correctly.
We are looking for someone with catering experience and knowledge of HACCP. The position will include completing basic salad preparation & any other tasks detailed by the Catering Manager.
Apart from cooking breakfasts you will be required to operate an EPOS till and take payment for the breakfasts, complete all safeguard paperwork associated with the catering operation to the Sodexo company standards.
The position is 4 hours from 07:15 to 11:15 Saturday & Sunday with the opportunity to fill in for other staff members during sickness, holiday and absence periods. The site is open 365 days and we provide breakfast, lunch & a food vending service.
Wage £11.16 per hour x 8 hours per week. £89.28 per week paid monthly
To provide excellent customer service from the preparation, presentation and service of food, beverages and vending services to the client & Sodexo’s satisfaction.
- Comply with all Company and client policies, procedures and statutory regulations, including human resources, site rules, health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your workplace (Specific Site Rules)
- Assist with all aspects of the preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies, ensuring completion of daiy allergens log.
- Serve food and drink to customers and guests as directed.
- Assist with the replenishment of food, beverages and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
- Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
- Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
- Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
- Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices.
- To assist with the set up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities. To assist, as required, at special functions, some of which may occur outside normal working hours, for which you will be paid overtime.
- To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Good communications skills
- Experience of working in a similar industry such as food service, catering or hospitality.
- Previous food handling experience
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- Strong customer service skills
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Basic Certificate in general hygiene
- Experience of working in an environment where compliance to standards is key.
- Knowledge of Company IT systems such as PayIT
About The Company
Sodexo work in relationship with the client who are a global glass manufacturers for the food & beverage industry.